Re: Compatibility tables are now live!

Hello Amelia, Renoir and all,

* We should still have a top-level check box to suppress printing the
> compatibility section altogether.

I just created a new property to store this information, if this option is
checked then the fields in the form will be displayed, otherwise, no
Compatibility Section will be displayed in the page.

http://docs.webplatform.org/test/Property:Has_compatibility_table

* The default value for format should be assigned in the
> Compatibility_Section template using the {{{format|table}}} structure.  The
> default you specify in the form only applies to new pages, not existing
> pages, so existing pages have an error message instead of a table, see
> http://docs.webplatform.org/test/dom/apis/document/getElementById

Just got that issue. I assigned alternative values if a page has some blank
values, if they are filled the actual value will be used:

{{#tag:compatibility || feature={{{Compatibility feature |
{{#titleparts:{{PAGENAME}} || -1}} }}} | topic={{{Compatibility topic |
{{#titleparts:{{PAGENAME}} | 1}} }}} | format={{{Compatibility format |
table }}} }}

But I was not able to get ride of the "None" option in the form when the
"Compatibility format" property still is empty.

* The auto-complete doesn't seem to be working for feature, so it's not
> really clear what value to put here.

Renoir will implement this function soon.

* The labels should clearly indicate that the topic and feature fields are
> only required if the WPD names don't match the MDN names.  (And then have
> some information on how people could figure out what the MDN name would be!)

I'm not so good writing clearly labels, can someone give me some help?

If someone catch other issues, or think that something needs to be
improved, just let me know.

Amelia, are the problems solved now, or do you think we should improve
something else? Thanks for pointing out!
Renoir, thanks for the help!

Following the links of pages and templates:

*Properties*:
Compatibility_format ->
http://docs.webplatform.org/test/Property:Compatibility_format
Compatibility_topic ->