Prefixes, examples, communicating expectations and Compatibility Tables

From: Carlos Araya <carlos.araya@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:19:50 -0700
To: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
I've been thinking a lot about examples and how are going to handle vendors
dropping prefixed implementations moving forward.

In my opinion the examples should provide the information as it relates to
the spec and not vendor implementations which may change between vendors
and even between versions of the same browser.

In my little ideal world I'd like to see the information moved to
compatibility tables and, if we're going to give examples then they should
be clearly labeled as cross browser examples just so we are clear what each
example is.

Related to compatibility tables... is it too late to ask for information
about browser compatibility and prefix use?