Re: Recommendation for where to post Pointer Events primer

On 2/18/13 11:15 AM, ext Jacob Rossi wrote:
> On 2/18/13 5:00 AM, ext PhistucK wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
>>> Given this, it seems like WPD should document the events in the LC spec rather than their ms* equivalents e.g. see <http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom/events>. WDYT?
> Rob's primer [1] uses unprefixed events in sample code and provides a table of the prefixed names for IE10, which I think is appropriate. For the API docs, it might be beneficial to have both versions (perhaps just symlinks of a single set of docs with a similar table?). While I agree with PhistucK about there not being shipping unprefixed implementations yet, having both documented might help for SEO.
> [1]   http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/concepts/PointerEvents
>
>> WebKit does not seem to be in favor of this method, for example.
> It's fair to say there's not complete consensus  in the WebKit community yet. But many WebKit community members are favorable.

You both make good points.

So, when someone goes to [1]
<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom/events> and then clicks on one of
the `ms` prefixed pointer events, say
<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/dom/events/mspointerhover>, perhaps
that later page should then mention this event is now being standardized
and point to the non-prefixed version.

(BTW, it appears none of the "standard" pointer events in the LC are
included in [1]; I suppose that will be fixed in the future ...).

-AB