Re: Recap of Web Platform Doc Sprint Berlin

Looks good. A few technical typo corrections or similar inline.

☆*PhistucK*

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Andre Jay Meissner <ameissne@adobe.com>wrote:

> *(It should not take a week to write this report - ashes on my head! As
> you have already received quite a bit of details on the survey (thanks
> Scott!) and structural feedback (thanks Chris!) this is the the high- and
> heart level feedback on our last weeks event. It worked quite well, it
> built a lot of awareness and future opportunity, and it has been a ton of
> good fun and learnings - read all about #WPDS below! *Jay)*
>

> *Europe has seen it's first ever Web Platform Doc Sprint!*
> *
> *

s/it's/its

> **
> Last Friday and Saturday another in-person event hosted by Adobe returned
> "at least [1]" 1.000 Edits,

I would fix s/1.000/1,000 (and the rest), but this might just be a personal
preference and the regional settings of this blog might be mixed on
purpose.

moved a minimum of 400.000 bytes (75% added/25% deleted, clocking in at
> approximate 40.000 new words (average: 6-character) saved),

"saved"?

> onboarded 51 new contributors and generated up to four community driven
> future Doc Sprints.
>

> Yet, the positive feedback did not stop - there are still E-Mails and
> Tweets from attendants chiming in. Also the #WPDS Hashtag on Social Media
> is still getting hits, which is a sweet thing a full week after an event.
> Two examples:
>
>    - Yesterdays very nice writeup from attendant Paul Verbeek<http://webinthehat.com/2013/02/web-platform-doc-sprint-berlin/>[2].
>    - Monday night the well renowned web tech podcast workingdraft.de<http://workingdraft.de/107/>[3] honored the event with a 17 minutes wrapup including a call to action
>    to support WebPlatform.org and further Doc Sprints (~6.5k listeners).
>
> We received a lot of negative but constructive feedback on e.g. the
> shortcomings of the Media Wiki, insights to that can be found in the Survey
> Results<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Survey/Doc_Sprint/Berlin_2-2013> [4]
> that Scott recently provided.
>
> I am only including some selected tweets and images with this report and
> would like to encourage you to check out the archives on your own. The
> social media footprint of the event is archived at Eventifier<http://eventifier.co/event/wpds13> [5].
> You can also check out some image galleries via the archived coverage at
> Lanyrd <http://lanyrd.com/2013/wpds/coverage/> [6].
> *
> *
> *
> *
> **
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *Six first-timers at this Doc Sprint*:
>
> *1. We ran the event over two days.* First a half day from Friday noon,
> which drew 53 attendants (with 106 registrations

s/First a half day/First half a day
Or am I wrong here?