Re: Second JS bulk upload

Thank you very much!

See my comments inline (for the last two messages).

☆*PhistucK*

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com> wrote:

> As to two previous to-do items I just went ahead and did them.
>
> FIRST item:
>
> > Automation to do:
> > 2. talk about static method page name (X/X.method versus X/method)
>
> FIRST item resolution:
>
> Someone adroitly pointed out that you can figure out if a method is a
> static Object method or an instance method by simply reading the page,
> so there is no need to declare it in the page name.  Therefore,
> changed all X/X.method to X/method:
>
>   javascript/Array/Array.isArray        javascript/Array/isArray
>   javascript/Date/Date.now              javascript/Date/now
>   javascript/Date/Date.parse            javascript/Date/parse
>   javascript/Date/Date.UTC              javascript/Date/UTC
>   javascript/JSON/JSON.parse            javascript/JSON/parse
>   javascript/JSON/JSON.stringify        javascript/JSON/stringify
>   javascript/Math/Math.abs              javascript/Math/abs
>   javascript/Math/Math.acos             javascript/Math/acos
>   javascript/Math/Math.asin             javascript/Math/asin
>   javascript/Math/Math.atan             javascript/Math/atan
>   javascript/Math/Math.atan2            javascript/Math/atan2
>   javascript/Math/Math.ceil             javascript/Math/ceil
>   javascript/Math/Math.cos              javascript/Math/cos
>   javascript/Math/Math.exp              javascript/Math/exp
>   javascript/Math/Math.floor            javascript/Math/floor
>   javascript/Math/Math.log              javascript/Math/log
>   javascript/Math/Math.max              javascript/Math/max
>   javascript/Math/Math.min              javascript/Math/min
>   javascript/Math/Math.pow              javascript/Math/pow
>   javascript/Math/Math.random           javascript/Math/random
>   javascript/Math/Math.round            javascript/Math/round
>   javascript/Math/Math.sin              javascript/Math/sin
>   javascript/Math/Math.sqrt             javascript/Math/sqrt
>   javascript/Math/Math.tan              javascript/Math/tan
>   javascript/Object/Object.create       javascript/Object/create
>   javascript/Object/Object.definePropertes
>          javascript/Object/defineProperties
>   javascript/Object/Object.defineProperty
> javascript/Object/defineProperty
>   javascript/Object/Object.freeze       javascript/Object/freeze
>   javascript/Object/Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor
>          javascript/Object/getOwnPropertyDescriptor
>   javascript/Object/Object.getOwnPropertyNames
>          javascript/Object/getOwnPropertyNames
>   javascript/Object/Object.getPrototypeOf
>          javascript/Object/getPrototypeOf
>   javascript/Object/Object.isExtensible javascript/Object/isExtensible
>   javascript/Object/Object.isFrozen     javascript/Object/isFrozen
>   javascript/Object/Object.isSealed     javascript/Object/isSealed
>   javascript/Object/Object.keys         javascript/Object/keys
>   javascript/Object/Object.preventExtensions
>          javascript/Object/preventExtensions
>   javascript/Object/Object.seal         javascript/Object/seal
>   javascript/String/String.fromCharCode javascript/String/fromCharCode

​Great! Unless anyone objects?​

> SECOND item:
>
> > 3. talk about Global/* (nobody says "Global.decodeURIComponent" so maybe
> hide the Global prefix)
>
> SECOND item resolution:
>
> Same as above, you can figure out it's in the Global object by reading
> the page, I changed all Global.X page names to X.  However, we should
> contemplate keeping the Global page:
>
>   BEFORE --> AFTER
>   javascript/Global                     (do not change)
>   javascript/Global/Infinity            javascript/Infinity
>   javascript/Global/NaN                 javascript/NaN
>   javascript/Global/null                javascript/null
>   javascript/Global/undefined           javascript/undefined
>   javascript/Global/decodeURI           javascript/decodeURI
>   javascript/Global/decodeURIComponent  javascript/decodeURIComponent
>   javascript/Global/encodeURI           javascript/encodeURI
>   javascript/Global/encodeURIComponent  javascript/encodeURIComponent
>   javascript/Global/escape              javascript/escape
>   javascript/Global/eval                javascript/eval
>   javascript/Global/isFinite            javascript/isFinite
>   javascript/Global/isNaN               javascript/isNaN
>   javascript/Global/parseFloat          javascript/parseFloat
>   javascript/Global/parseInt            javascript/parseInt
>   javascript/Global/unescape            javascript/unescape
>
> I'll do another full delete (to clean up old pages) and full upload
> soon to the test wiki.
>
> Note that the 381 page names are all still unique after all these changes.
>
> ​Unique now does not mean unique later... ECMAScript is evolving and new
built in objects can be (and are) added to the language. I really think we
should be forward compatible here.​ What is ECMAScript 7 adds an
"operators" property that lists all of the developer defined operators? we
want to handle everything and be as unambiguous as possible, without having
to change paths (SEO, bookmarks, familiarity, blabla...).

​
​
On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Done.  Per Renoir:
>
>   BEFORE --> AFTER
>   javascript/JavaScript Reference     javascript/reference
>   javascript/Math/Math Constants      javascript/Math/constants
>   javascript/Number/Number Constants  javascript/Number/constants

​We should remember to discuss folding constants into the page of the
object. Either -
- A page for every constant property (too verbose)
- All of the constants within the page of the object (compact and
sensible), with redirects from the path of the individual properties
(bla/CONST_NAME would redirect to bla#CONST_NAME).

  javascript/RegExp/1 9 Properties    javascript/RegExp/1 to 9 properties
> ​​
>
> The exception above is that the RegExp "x.1, x.2, ..., x.9" properties are
> numbered properties, so I couldn't remove the 1, 2, ..., 9, so I made it "1
> to 9 properties" instead.  Maybe good, maybe not so good.

We seem to be missing a dollar sign. It should be RegExp/$1 to $9​​ (or
perhaps RegExp/$1..$2) with redirects from the individual paths.

> Per Julee pages are lower-cased when they are descriptive words:
>
>     javascript/regular expression
>     javascript/operators/addition assignment
>     javascript/operators/addition
>     javascript/operators/assignment
>     javascript/operators/bitwise and assignment
>     javascript/operators/bitwise and
>     javascript/operators/bitwise left shift
>     javascript/operators/bitwise not
>     javascript/operators/bitwise or assignment
>     javascript/operators/bitwise or
>     javascript/operators/bitwise right shift
>     javascript/operators/bitwise xor assignment
>     javascript/operators/bitwise xor
>     javascript/operators/comma
>     javascript/operators/comparison
>     javascript/operators/compound assignment
>     javascript/operators/conditional ternary
>     javascript/operators/delete
>     javascript/operators/division assignment
>     javascript/operators/division
>     javascript/operators/in
>     javascript/operators/increment and decrement
>     javascript/operators/instanceof
>     javascript/operators/left shift assignment
>     javascript/operators/logical and
>     javascript/operators/logical not
>     javascript/operators/logical or
>     javascript/operators/modulus assignment
>     javascript/operators/modulus
>     javascript/operators/multiplication assignment
>     javascript/operators/multiplication
>     javascript/operators/new
>     javascript/operators/right shift assignment
>     javascript/operators/subtraction assignment
>
>     javascript/operators/subtraction
>     javascript/operators/typeof
>     javascript/operators/unsigned right shift assignment
>     javascript/operators/unsigned right shift
>     javascript/operators/void
>
> ​
​I feel like operators, statements and literals should be within a
"language" sub path and the objects/properties/methods should be in another
sub path (the suggested "api" perhaps?). Two might be an exaggeration, I
know. I am not sure about that, too.