Re: CSS or bust???

Hi, Eliot:

Funny you should bring this up. We talk a lot about it during the
community meeting today. You weren't there, so we decided it is, indeed,
all your fault! ;-)

Seriously tho, the CSS properties spreadsheet pivot table [1] shows Total
of 269 P0-P2 properties, 158 of which essentially have not even been
looked at.[1]

Reaching a milestone is always a matter of balancing time and resources
and features, right? So, yes, I think that there's a general understanding
that CSS properties should be in the beta. Here are just some of the
things that we're doing to address issues with Beta health. (This is on
the agenda item for our Friday meeting.[2])

1. We assigned project owners. Those owners should review the beta
criteria[3] and update it with what their "group" thinks should be in the
beta. We'll remind folks in the Friday meeting.

2. Beta criteria needs to be clarified at the higher level as well. For
example:

* CSS properties are probably a must
* For each content area, we should have exemplar content
* Each page should be clearly designated as either ready to consume or
needing additional contributions

3. We need to ensure that new contributors are properly supported. Julee
(that's me) will write up a plan for helping contributors with CSS
properties, including having a set times for content-wrangling.

4. The CSS properties sheet is overwhelming folks. Julee is going to
update it.

5. We need more folks vetting the content that's there. The community TF
will do a recruiting plan.

6. We need folks to work on content, especially CSS properties pages. We
may ask folks to own certain portions, to be divvied up amongst their
friends and family, or otherwise focus on that.

What you can do:

* If you're a project leader:
** discuss beta criteria with stakeholders and update the Project Status
page.
** make sure you have tasks and bugs relating to beta in
project.webplatform.org, and that they're assigned to someone.
** if you find blockers, file a bug, and broadcast it to the public list

* If you're an individual contributor:
** work on some CSS properties

** if you find blockers, file a bug, and broadcast it to the public list

Looking forward to feedback from all, especially for those who have
attempted to do a CSS property recently.

Regards.

Julee

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkRs-89PKiZpdE0xdm9Sb1ZvRW1ZRz