Re: Making webplatform.org skin publicly available?

From: Ryan Lane <rlane32@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 14:36:27 -0400
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: Denis Ah-Kang <denis@w3.org>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi, folks-
>
> I'm hearing rough consensus around this approach of making everything
> available, but adding restrictions around using the logo (which we already
> do), and asking people to respect our uniqueness in stylistic choices such
> as colors, borders, backgrounds, font-choice, and other visual assets.
>
> Unless we hear dissent, let's move forward with that approach.
>

> Now, let's turn the conversation to the technical matter... how can we do
> this technically, and keep it all in sync? Could we have a script that
> pushes updates to our git repo, and from there to github?
>
> (I'd like a similar automatic, simple approach for our MediaWiki
> extensions.)

It's really best if all MediaWiki extensions exist in Wikimedia's gerrit
instance. More people will review it and localization will automatically be
done as well.

Wikimedia's gerrit automatically pushes to github, but it's under
Wikimedia's repos, not ours. We can fork them and automatically update our
forks.

- Ryan