Re: JavaScript APIs organization

This does sound like a bit of a mess, agreed.

First of all, we need to make sure http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Content/Topic_Hierarchy works. Does this work for JS, and we just need to move the pages so they are consistently placed? Or could this use some updating? This is the definitive document that defines the IA for the site.

2. Second, it would be painful for one or two people to have to go through and move all these pagers to the right place. I will add a section on making sure the page is in the right place in my guide I'm writing on editing/updating/creating new content. I'm aiming to write one of these for tutorials/concepts/references.

3. I will then try to raise some taskforces together to help work on getting the existing documentation sorted out.

Chris Mills
Open standards evangelist and dev.opera.com editor, Opera Software
Co-chair, web education community group, W3C
Author of "Practical CSS3: Develop and Design" (http://my.opera.com/chrismills/blog/2012/07/12/practical-css3-my-book-is-finally-published)

* Try Opera: http://www.opera.com
* Learn about the latest open standards technologies and techniques: http://dev.opera.com
* Contribute to web education: http://www.w3.org/community/webed/