Re: That annoying duplicate <h1> issue

It would probably make more sense to leave those headings accessible to
screen readers by using the visuallyhidden technique which is also found in
h5bp:

http://css-tricks.com/places-its-tempting-to-use-display-none-but-dont/

This may also be better for SEO since I believe Google dislikes hidden H1
elements. Not that this really matters that much in the long term, but it
is an easy drop in replacement for display: none for the time being until
the headings are removed.