Re: Mockups for the new main page and top level topic pages

On 6 Dec 2012, at 01:42, Julee Burdekin <jburdeki@adobe.com> wrote:

> Great! (Thought we weren't supposed to use HTML, but definitely a great
> improvement.)

Yeah, that's just for the mockup. For the final thing, this would be handled by a form/template, I suspect.

> Wish we could make the Summary section go away. Or move it - below?

We should certainly get rid of the "Summary" heading, imo. It is fairly obvious that it's a summary of the page. Maybe we could just give the summary text in each case another implicit visual aid, such as a slightly darker background or something?

> Having the real map of what's available above the fold might help people
> move faster to their desired destinations.

I still think the summary and other short intro gubbins should go before the topic list - this just makes more sense in terms of the structure. Or do you think it would still work with the topics first? what do you think of these now?

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/TEST:main_page
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/TEST:html

?

And also, the concept of "above the fold" is becoming increasingly less relevant now people are using such a wide variety of screen sizes to view the web (I never liked it being applied to the web in the first place, but I know what you mean). People on mobile and smaller tablet screen sizes would not benefit from the topic map being "above the fold" anyway.