Re: WebPlatform Browser Support Info

On Oct 18, 2013, at 3:05 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org> wrote:

> On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM, HTML5test wrote:
>>
>> Using the UA-string as an identifier for data exchange is also not very useful I think.
>>
>> The results I collect are not limited to a specific browser or UA string. For example one test result could say: this result is valid for Firefox 20 on desktop. There is not one UA-string for this result. There are maybe a couple of dozen.
> I'd argue that this is an interpretation of the result, not the result itself.

Fine, call it an interpretation. That is not the point.

The data I have can not be expressed as a result for a single UA string. And I am pretty sure this does not apply to just my data.
If we are going to share data using a common format, we need a format that can actually describe the data we have.

Niels
html5test.com