Re: blockchain and linked data questions

On 10 January 2016 at 10:30, Michael Williams <michael.williams35@gmail.com>
wrote:

> to add to the mix, here's another way of doing scalable secure
> decentralized "blockchains": https://github.com/ssbc/docs. my favorite
> characteristic of this design versus the more popular blockchains (Bitcoin,
> Bittorrent, Ethereum, etc) is that the network topology of SSB is based on
> local (private) networks where only those you trust can talk to you, as
> opposed to a global singleton network where anyone can talk to anyone.
>
> and here's a working system you can use to communicate using these
> "blockchains": https://github.com/ssbc/patchwork.

Thanks for sharing.  The privacy aspect is really nice, especially for, as
I alluded to earlier, use cases surrounding private block chains.

You can now do this using the plain old web, with standards such as Solid
(which is what I am using)

https://github.com/solid/solid-spec

One advantage of using the web over, say ethereum, is that it comes with a
turing complete scripting language (JavaScript) that already has ubiquitous
adoption.