Re: blockchain and linked data questions

to add to the mix, here's another way of doing scalable secure
decentralized "blockchains": https://github.com/ssbc/docs. my favorite
characteristic of this design versus the more popular blockchains (Bitcoin,
Bittorrent, Ethereum, etc) is that the network topology of SSB is based on
local (private) networks where only those you trust can talk to you, as
opposed to a global singleton network where anyone can talk to anyone.

and here's a working system you can use to communicate using these
"blockchains": https://github.com/ssbc/patchwork.

:)