True Micropayments with Bitcoin

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 09:19:06 +0100
To: Web Payments <public-webpayments@w3.org>
   - *>1000X improvement in speed/cost for receiving payments.* Any machine
   or human can create a new Bitcoin address (or set of addresses) for free,
   instantly, anywhere, to receive bitcoin from any other devices on the
   internet. By contrast, opening up a bank account requires humans and
   paperwork, and can take days or weeks. Going from costly to zero cost, or
   from days to seconds is not a 10X improvement — it’s much more than that!
   This alone argues for Bitcoin as being uniquely suited for
   machine-to-machine transactions.

https://medium.com/@21/true-micropayments-with-bitcoin-e64fec23ffd8#.dl2242jot

Interesting new use of payment channels by 21.  This is pretty much exactly
what I have in mind for my payments implementation too.