Re: Wallet in Windows 10

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@ulsberg.no>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:36:59 +0200
To: Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca>
Cc: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>, Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>

> My suggestion is that we work to "understand what the various camps agree
> and disagree about" in defining "digital wallet". I presume you don't
> disagree with that! :-)

I at least agree with this.

> "We believe that one reason for this is that the digital wallet market is
> fragmented and providers use incompatible programming interfaces.
> [...]

In my experience, this is true.

> [...] The proposed standards from W3C will help ensure interoperability
> of different solutions by standardizing the programming interfaces."

I really hope it will, but only time will tell. I think we need Apple,
Google and (now) Microsoft on board for a final W3C Recommendation to
become a relevant industry standard. But I might be wrong.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no