Re: The Payments Architecture within which a Web Payments Architecture occurs

Earlier I provided a link to "Core Principles for Systemically Important
Payment Systems". But I checking further I see that's out of date.

Here is the current version, now entitled "Principles for Financial Market
Infrastructures" from the Bank of International Settlements
http://www.bis.org/cpmi/info_pfmi.htm?m=3|16|598

The 24 Principles are explained in detail in that document under these
headings:

Principle 1: Legal basis
Principle 2: Governance
Principle 3: Framework for the comprehensive management of risks
Principle 4: Credit risk
Principle 5: Collateral
Principle 6: Margin
Principle 7: Liquidity risk
Principle 8: Settlement finality
Principle 9: Money settlements
Principle 10: Physical deliveries
Principle 11: Central securities depositories
Principle 12: Exchange-of-value settlement systems
Principle 13: Participant-default rules and procedures
Principle 14: Segregation and portability
Principle 15: General business risk
Principle 16: Custody and investment risks
Principle 17: Operational risk
Principle 18: Access and participation requirements
Principle 19: Tiered participation arrangements
Principle 20: FMI links
Principle 21: Efficiency and effectiveness
Principle 22: Communication procedures and standards
Principle 23: Disclosure of rules, key procedures, and market data
Principle 24: Disclosure of market data by trade repositories

My fundamental suggestion for the W3C WP is to target and structure the
scope of its work to the development of web-related specifications that
would enhance the implementation various of these principles, and (to
reiterate my earlier point in this thread) to proactively avoid
re-formulating what actually belongs to the Business Architectures of
Payments and e-Commerce.

Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983