RE: Square's new payee identifier: cashtags

We should probably also include the only existing global, open source, standard value transfer protocol and its identifier: Ƀ

________________________________
From: Erik Ros [mail@erikros.me]
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:41 AM
To: Adrian Hope-Bailie; Andy McKay
Cc: W3C Credentials Community Group; Web Payments CG
Subject: Re: Square's new payee identifier: cashtags

+1 for the stratified identifying options
-1 for the brand specific stuff

(+1@!adrian<hopebailie.com:)

On 26-03-15 14:26, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
Another way to think about it might be to adopt a symbol that explicitly represents a namespace outside the DNS system?

Could !username mean, look my identity up on Telehash?
So the discovery protocol may be something like:

IF identifier starts with '!' lookup on Telehash
ELSE IF identifier has the form user@domain lookup using WebFinger and fall back to Telehash
ELSE IF identifier starts with '@' lookup on Twitter identity service fallback to medium.com<http://medium.com> identity service
ELSE IF identifier starts with '$' lookup on cash.me<http://cash.me> identity service
ELSE return not found

The last two are not realistic for a global standard but I'm sure Twitter, Medium and Square would like them