Re: Access to localhost to be outlawed?

I understand the security concern but I feel the exception proposed in #32
should be valid, i.e.:

1. DNS alias to localhost
2. Valid SSL certificate for FQDN
3. Secure websocket server on localhost

Saying that a CA shouldn't be issuing a certificate for a FQDN that
resolves to 127.0.0.1 isn't really an answer is it?
(Especially when a later comment suggests that the CA that issued
dropboxlocalhost.com has verified that Dropbox have met the Baseline
requirements to get the cert).

A thought:
What if I have a web app at the FQDN www.myap.com and I setup the FQDN
localhost.myapp.com to resolve to 127.0.0.1 and both certificates are
signed by some common intermediary certificate or better yet use the same
certificate on both hosts which is either a widcard cert or is issued with
localhost.myapp.com as an alternate name?

Surely the browser can be confident that the local service and the webapp
can trust one another?

Are we getting to a point where the browser itself will need to listen on
some port for connections and service an API for native applications to
call directly into the browser?

I don't see how github, dorpbox, plex or any of the other major webapps
using this will find workarounds if this is disabled.
It definitely throws a spanner in the plans for a payments agent