Re: Web Payments Interest Group 2015 NYC face-to-face meeting reading list

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2015May/att-0011/Executive_Summary_of_ISO_12812_05012015.pdf

> Good to include that. However did the IG determine that ISO/IEC 19845
> (UBL) has no direct relevance to the scope of the Web Payments IG'd
> work?

https://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/wiki/A_Quick_Introduction_to_UBL_Oriented_to_Payment_Solutions_Designers

Thank you for the write-up Joseph, it was very helpful.

The issue hasn't been discussed in depth, but I think the last
conversation we had about UBL noted that it was important for us to
analyze and take seriously. I expect that the end result would most
likely be adopting a subset of the vocabularies/terms defined by UBL.

> Has the IG simply not had the time to consider this in particular? Or
> is there opposition within the IG to ISO/IEC 19845?

It's a time issue. There is no opposition to using the parts of UBL that
make sense to re-use (like invoices and tax expression, for example).

It's on our very long and growing "list of things to analyze". I imagine
that it'll get far more focus when we start designing the vocabularies
and terminology for the invoices and digital receipts portion of the
work. I expect that we will reuse a very large portion of the
vocabulary/terminology and may re-use some of the data structures.

None of this is an official position of the group, it's just a response
to your comments to re-assure you that the summarization work you did
was useful (thank you!) and that we will eventually get around to
looking at UBL in depth.

blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/