Re: Seeing the forrest from the BTCs

On 01/20/2015 06:41 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> To Melvin's point, the appealing proposition of ignoring legacy and
> building for the future in the hope that eventually the old will die
> out in favour of the new is not supported by the IG charter.

Just to underscore this point, it would never be supported by the W3C
membership either because at that point it's a R&D project, not a
standardization effort.

Now, that could change if W3C got a ton of new cryptocurrency members in
that were serious about standardizing some of the cryptocurrency stuff,
but to date, there have been very few cryptocurrency folks joining W3C
(much to my dismay) and there has been very little effort put into
standardizing the space.

That said, if you're passionate about making something happen in this
space - do the hard work of creating the technology and writing the spec
to make it work (or convince someone else that the idea is so good that
they'll run off and do it).

I think the members of this group should embrace multiple approaches and
experiment. Experimentation with financial technology is one of the
primary purposes of this group. :)