Re: Staying on Topic [Was: Re: WebPortable/PlatformProprietary - An Established Concept]

On 2015-02-20 16:45, David Nicol wrote:
> Ouch.  Hmm.  Aside from primary sources like
>
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.capabilities.general/day=20150112
>
> and the occasional presentation on POLA best practices, it seems that "membrane/pore" as a security design pattern is woefully underdiscussed.
>
> What it means to *this researcher* is, the "membrane" describes the boundary controlling access to the access-controlled resource (the wet side) from the untrusted world (the dry side), and a "pore" is a mechanism provided by the membrane for allowing specific operations on the resource.
>
> In the nomenclature of C++, pores are public methods.

Thanx David for this explanation which closely follows what I have been planning to do
at a somewhat later stage.  Right now I'm "testing the waters" to see if W3C is a
useful place for dealing with this kind of project.  Given the limited feedback
on the concept and what it is supposed to do, this doesn't appear to be the case.

I can't even get folks listing possible alternatives for dealing with legacy security
solutions like smart cards in the web :-(

BTW, this topic has been "on the radar" like forever:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-identity/2011Nov/0030.html

Anders