Re: Staying on Topic [Was: Re: WebPortable/PlatformProprietary - An Established Concept]

Ouch.  Hmm.  Aside from primary sources like

http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.capabilities.general/day=20150112

and the occasional presentation on POLA best practices, it seems that
"membrane/pore" as a security design pattern is woefully underdiscussed.

What it means to *this researcher* is, the "membrane" describes the
boundary controlling access to the access-controlled resource (the wet
side) from the untrusted world (the dry side), and a "pore" is a mechanism
provided by the membrane for allowing specific operations on the resource.

In the nomenclature of C++, pores are public methods.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Anders Rundgren <
anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2015-02-19 20:53, David Nicol wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Anders Rundgren <
>> anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com <mailto:anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     http://webpki.org/papers/web2native-bridge.pdf
>>

>> Looks like a fine candidate for rewriting using "membrane/pore" language
>>

> Whow!  I have no idea what that means and I couldn't find it using Google
> either.

So anyway all I was saying was, I am aware of this powerful metaphor,
membrane/pore, that could be well used to analyze the problem discussed in
that paper. The rest of the thought was, by generalizing into a
message-passing idiom, a lot of implementation details about what is native
and what is not start seeming trivial.

GOOD MORNING!!!!!