Re: Doubt about Wallet as W3C Standard

On 10/28/14 1:09 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-10-28 17:40, Mountie Lee wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have a doubt about payment wallet as w3c standard.
>>
>> if wallet is implemented inside of browser,
>> will it cause the wallet locked into specific browser?
>>
>> if user initiated wallet in firefox, is the content of wallet
>> viewable in chrome?
>
> Good question!
>
> It the wallet is server-based I guess it could be browser-independent.
>
> A wallet inside of the browser is another possibility.  I leave that
> to Mozilla who I believe is plotting with such schemes.
>
> FWIW, I have suggested "decomposing" the wallet into OS-based credentials
> that would be viewable through signed JavaScript modules which should be
> browser-independent.
>
> I doubt that the W3C actually will take on wallet standardization, there
> are simply too many ways of doing it...
>
> Anders

An Ontology can define the terms used to describe a Wallet.

A description of a Wallet can be represented in RDF Language based
Linked Open Data.

Nothing I've stated above has any impact on privacy or security. It
simply addresses how entities are represented, in digital form.

[1] http://twitter.com/kidehen/status/527418801068199937 .

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen