Re: Electronic Commerce Interoperability Standard (updated)

Mountie

Interesting work. At this time do you have structured detail for the
"Currency Exchange Web Service"? Though "Value-in-Exchange Benchmarking
Service" sounds more cumbersome, semantically it would encompass the
general class of services/systems for establishing relative valuation, of
which forex services are a sub-class. Basically, forex is a special type of
barter amongst generally accepted currencies. I think the CG has intended
to include all types of barter arrangements within the scope of "payment".
...someone correct me if I've misunderstood, and that's not the CG's
working consensus.

Joseph Potvin

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations