Re: DATA and ID3 with MIT Media Lab Partner on New Digital Identity Frameworks

On 20 October 2014 18:10, Stan Stalnaker <stan.stalnaker@hubculture.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> the data they share and transact with.
>
> Individuals, not social networks, governments, or corporations, should
> control their identity credentials and personal data. Control of one’s
> identity and personal data means that people should have unfettered access
> to their personal data, the ability to verify attributes of their personal
> identity profiles, and the ability to prevent unauthorized public and
> private access.
>
> We support the collaborative open source development of systems that
> embody these principles and recognize the need to address the requirements
> of legacy regulatory mechanisms, including by evolving innovative digital
> technologies to improve privacy, governance and enforcement.
>
> *2. Proportionate Enforcement and Risk-Based Regulation:*
>
> *Enhancing / improving personal privacy while promoting effective
> governance and accommodating legitimate auditing and enforcement needs.*
>
> We encourage innovation in identity, trust, security, and data
> technologies and policies to provide effective methods to address
> governance and enforcement concerns. Governance includes the concepts of
> transparency and accountability necessary to protect digital transactions
> from abuse. We believe these technologies can address public policy
> interests by enabling appropriate access and verification of identity data.
> Entities and individuals, acting on the basis of verifiable approvals,
> including due process and appropriate warrants, should be able to access
> such data through specific and auditable means. New and evolving digital
> technologies make it possible to protect an individual’s privacy while
> providing authorized government access to customer identification, due
> diligence and transaction monitoring information for legally authorized
> needs.
>
> *3. Ensuring Innovation in Trust and Privacy:*
>
> *An effective, autonomous identity system reiteratively furthers trust,
> security, governance, accountability and privacy.*
>
> Protecting privacy and fostering trust and governance are foundational
> Windhover Principles that support a fully functional identity system
> designed to collect and analyze data in a network in which identities are
> continuously and independently authenticated. These core principles are
> intended to foster development of more trustworthy, effective and resilient
> products and services to minimize the risks and costs of fraud, money
> laundering, terrorist financing and other criminal activity.
>
> *4. Open Source Collaboration and Continuous Innovation:*
>
> *An inclusive, open source methodology to build systems that embody these
> principles.*
>
> Supporters of the Windhover Principles agree to cooperate to build systems
> that deliver these requirements and to participate in Living Labs to
> develop strong and innovative technical product solutions that interoperate

Great find!

Reminds me of:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140719065946/http://www.identityblog.com/wp-content/images/2009/06/7_Laws_of_Identity.jpg

Seems a few firms in the bitcoin space have endorsed these principles, tho
I am unsure if that endorsement translates to the framework.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with.