Re: mozPay - The future?

On 2014-10-13 02:21, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 10/10/2014 12:28 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> How does this relate to the Web Payment CG?  Well, since mozPay is
>> referenced in various Web Payments CG documents there's obviously a
>> dependency.
>
> No, there is no dependency.
>
> What mozPay is doing now and what the Web Payments CG is doing are not
> dependent on each other. The Web Payments Commerce API is inspired by
> mozPay, that is all. Mozilla is free to modify mozPay in whatever way
> makes sense for their mission, and the Web Payments CG is free to do
> the same.
>
> The browser API for the Web Payments work is purely optional at this
> point. It's a proposed polyfill->native browser API that has a long way
> to go before we think about taking it to the WebApps group.
>
>> I'm talking about an architecture for secure web-applications
>
> I don't think the Web Payments CG should get involved with a "secure
> web-application" initiative. We don't have the expertise in this group
> to pull that off. We should leave that sort of stuff to the WebApps
> Working Group, they have the experts there to work on that sort of
> initiative.

I'm personally unconvinced that the trust- and security-models worked on
in WebApps are suitable for payment systems.

"Your location" and payment systems have very little in common since
the former trust-wise is entirely in the user's domain while payments
(we may like it or not) are essentially governed by the providers.

Let the fun begin!
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-security/2014Oct/0008.html

Cheers
Anders