Re: Apple Pay - Security Description

On 10/3/14 7:31 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-10-03 12:22, Ricardo Varela wrote:
>> What I mean is that there's several parts to what you were mentioning:
>>
>> 1) create a Webby version of the scheme
>> 2) create a "decentralized" (pending definition) version of the scheme
>> 3) create a completely separated version of a complete payment
>> system, independent of "the traditional payment industry"
>>
>> It is really difficult to get momentum doing all 3 at once - Apple
>> did basically their own version of 1) - substituting "webby" with
>> "for Apple's platform of choice"
>
> Agreed.
>
> Regarding #2 there are (as you write) different takes on this aspect.
> One of the more "trivial" is the WAYF (Where Are You From) mechanism.
>
> The lack of a useful WAYF is *one* of the factors which to date has
> stymied OpenID.
> Microsoft did an effort to fix this almost decade ago with Information
> Cards but
> it was based on the client tech available at that time and was
> eventually shelved.
>
> I think it is (about) time resurrecting this excellent idea, but using
> a revamped
> platform which also addresses the dependency on static code of the
> original
> Information Card concept.  This is [among many things] what
> WebCrypto++ is about.

FWIW Microsoft Passport in Webby form == WebID, WebID-Profile, and
WebID-TLS.

Webby happens when entities are identified (named) using HTTP URIs.

Information Card == Profile Document.

YouID basically is all about just that, across iOS, Android, and the Web
(of course).

[1] http://youid.openlinksw.com -- YouID .

--
Regards,