Re: Just off the wire

Am 2014-11-01 01:25, schrieb Pindar Wong:
> http://www.coindesk.com/wc3s-web-payments-redesign-bypass-bitcoin/ [1]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.coindesk.com/wc3s-web-payments-redesign-bypass-bitcoin/

Current payment systems have 4 drawbacks:

- Fragmentation of currencies (USD, EUR, ...)
- Fragmentation of payment providers (PayPal, Mastercard, VISA, local
banks, ...) with different concepts and data sets
- Manipulation of accounts
- Only trustee accounts

The complexity of (currencies x payment providers = oo) renders existing
payment systems unusable in a global network. I don't see a chance to
pack all that currencies and payment providers with different systems
into one API/GUI. It doesn't solve the manipulation of accounts, either.

A Bitcoin wallet integrated into browsers on the other hand solves all
three problems:

1. Users buy Bitcoins and transfer them to their browser wallet -> only
one currency
2. Blockchain -> ONE global payment system ANYONE can join
3. Blockchain -> no manipulation of accounts/malicious trustees

Considering the "ambitious" interest group roadmap I suggest partnering
up with Mozilla to integrate a Bitcoin wallet into Firefox and show the
W3C what's technically possible.

--
Best regards,

Rene "Renne" Bartsch, B. Sc. Informatics