Re: Web Payments Telecon Minutes for 2014-03-19

On 19 March 2014 19:21, <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Evan Schwartz for scribing this week! The minutes
> for this week's Web Payments telecon are now available:
>
> https://web-payments.org/minutes/2014-03-19/
>
> Full text of the discussion follows for W3C archival purposes.
> Audio from the meeting is available as well (link provided below).

> Web Payments Community Group Telecon Minutes for 2014-03-19
>
> Agenda:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments/2014Mar/0128.html
> Topics:
>   1. Web Payments Workshop Agenda
>   2. Web Payments Mobile Use Cases
>   3. Credential-based Login
>   4. HTTP Signatures Update
> Chair:
>   Manu Sporny
> Scribe:
>   Evan Schwartz
> Present:
>   Evan Schwartz, Manu Sporny, Brent Shambaugh, Matt Kaufman, Dave
>   Longley, Erik Anderson, David I. Lehn
> Audio:
>   https://web-payments.org/minutes/2014-03-19/audio.ogg
>
> Evan Schwartz is scribing.
> Manu Sporny:  Any changes to the agenda? *long pause* If not,
>   moving on.
>
> Topic: Web Payments Workshop Agenda
>
> Manu Sporny: http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/agenda.html
> Manu Sporny:  Agenda is almost finalized. ton of big
>   multinational companies and startups attending. only thing that's
>   weak at the conference is participation by retailers and
>   regulators
> Manu Sporny:  6 Sessions, each 2 hours, mostly attendee-driven,
>   main purpose of speakers is to kickstart discussion
> Manu Sporny: Session 1 -- Overview of Current and Future Payment
>   Ecosystems
> Manu Sporny: Session 2 -- Toward an Ideal Web Payment Experience
> Manu Sporny: Session 3 -- Back End: Banks, Regulation, and Future
>   Clearing
> Manu Sporny: Session 4 -- Enhancing the Customer and Merchant
>   Experience
> Manu Sporny: Session 5 -- Front End: Wallets - Initiating Payment
>   and Digital Receipts
> Manu Sporny: Session 6 -- Identity, Security, and Privacy
> Manu Sporny: Papers that were accepted are at the bottom of the
>   page: http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/agenda.html
> Manu Sporny:  Accepted papers for the workshop can be found on
>   conference page
> Manu Sporny:  Papers that were not accepted will not be shown on
>   the conference webpage because some of them were quite bad and
>   got bad reviews, authors that want theirs published can publish
>   them through other means
> Manu Sporny:  Conference starts next monday, fantastic group
>   coming to it
> Manu Sporny:  All of the minutes will be made public shortly
>   after, if not during the conference
> Manu Sporny:  Pindar has asked if we can record the video or
>   audio of the conference, we'll have to ask w3c
> Manu Sporny:  W3C might agree to it, unless the PC or attendees
> [...]

Thanks for the minutes and blog post, I'm trying to understand the telehash
dependency better.

Is the use case that a user types in an email address into a form, and you
wish to get an HTTP URL from that?

Something wasnt 100% clear for me from the blog, might the user also need a
15 character password.

PS: dont expect a long answer to this, feel free to reply with a couple of
words, or save it until after the workshop :)