Re: "Web Identity" -> "Web Credentials"

On 3/14/14 1:25 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 03/13/2014 11:37 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> >Being able to invoke computer operations using the vocabulary of 3
>> >year old would equate to wonderment for mankind, so we should stop
>> >being distracted by the wrong issues.
> You're repeating a number of concepts that are either already in the
> specification or are going to be in the specification. So, clearly there
> is massive miscommunication going on here.
>
> This thread is getting into perma-thread territory (it's probably
> already there). I've already received several offline complaints about
> it. A mailing list is a bad place to have a conversation such as this
> one, so let's move it to a more high-bandwidth location and spare the
> rest of the people on the mailing list on the discussion.
>
> Kingsley, set an agenda for the concerns that you want to discuss and
> sent it to me offline. We'll record the call so others can listen in if
> they need to. It should be just you and I on the phone so that we can
> work through all of your concerns, then we can do some other one on one
> calls to work through other's concerns if necessary.
>
> I'm going to stop responding to this thread because the responses are
> just fueling the perma-thread. We'll figure out a time that works for
> both of us offline.
>
> -- manu

All I am suggesting, and I've done this repeatedly, is for this effort
to work within the infrastructure that the Web already provides. Thus,
this spec should reflect loose coupling of:

1. identity
2. identifiers
3. identification
4. authentication
5. trust.

That's it. Nothing about the above has anything to do with:

1. a specific vocabulary
2. a specific data representation notation.

The world wide web is an example of the kind of solution you can
produce, as a result of loosely coupling 1-5. That's it.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO