Re: "Web Identity" -> "Web Credentials"

Manu,

thank goodness i’m not the only one…

When reading through dublincore, or most other ontological formats; i don’t need to guess so much what it might mean, given it uses english improperly.

Dan / Libby made foaf many, many years ago.  I think simply the application of the format was not intended for it’s current use cases.

I’m also sure that enough use-case users seek to resolve the problem earlier rather than later.

I think it’s possible to have terms defined in something else to ‘link’ to foaf terms - i.e.: sameAs (definition).  I think that’s still different legally.  It’s about whether someone authors the document, or whether a 3rd party has used the document to translate into another RDF language that they want to use (for whatever reason).

If we can’t get the words right in english; perhaps we should be basing the terms on some other language; or perhaps that other definition of the language and term should be declared.

I think in Indonesian; “AIR” means “Water” but it’s declared as a document in Indonesian; perhaps that limits the confusion...