Re: "Web Identity" -> "Web Credentials"

On 03/11/2014 08:05 PM, Joseph Potvin wrote:
> Is this useful? GeoHash and UUID Identifier for Multi-Agent Systems
> http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-30947-2_33

Looks like it breaks a number of design principles for the Web (in a bad
way). That it sits behind a paywall is another bad sign. That the
GHUUID's aren't easily dereferenceable over the Web is also problematic.
Anyone on here have any experience w/ the technology? Doesn't seem like
a good fit at first glance.

> Regarding credentials of agents, this seems to be their attributed
> package of rights+responsibilities, no?

Nope. It has more to do w/ credentials than rights and responsibilities.
It's true that w/ certain credentials come particular rights and
responsibilities, but there is no real mechanism to express that for
entities that I'm aware of at the moment. Doing so is probably in
lawyer/policy people territory. If a vocabulary was defined, it could be
easily used by the Web Identity / Identity Credentials spec.

> Does XrML have anything to offer there?

Nope, that applies more to digital content unless someone else on here
can think of an interesting repurposing of XrML for identity management?

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/