Re: Proof of Concept: Identity Credentials Login

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:11:04 -0400
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
On 6/17/14 9:09 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Signing named graphs comes into play when you need to do things like
> provenance in payments:

It comes into play when you build any kind of system where auditing, non
repudiation, identity etc.. are crucial. Methinks, every kind of system
that involves money. That said, it has nothing to do with TURTLE and
everything to do with Statement Reification.

A simple way to look at Reification (as I already sense the RDF
reification vocabulary perturbations to come) is as follows:

Today, we've all signed contracts that take at least one of the
following forms:

1. terms of reference and clauses, with a single signature placeholder
at the end of the contract -- i.e., you sign in one place for the entire
document

2. terms of reference and signed (or at least initialized) clauses --
i.e., you sign each clause in addition to signing the main document
signature slot.

When you reify RDF statements [1] you end up with #2.

Links:

[1]
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rvguha/schemaorg/master/data/schema.rdfa
-- example of Statement reification using Schema.org's HTML+RDFa based
vocabulary doc -- note that each embedded RDF statement could be denoted
by a blank node or an HTTP URI (we opted for 5-Star Linked Data URIs).

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO