Re: Proof of Concept: Identity Credentials Login

I agree about decentralisation, etc.

see: https://github.com/digitalbazaar/opencred-idp and (or so it appears) https://github.com/digitalbazaar/opencred-verifier

I think the fact the solution is available on Github, significantly influences the rational surrounding whether or not it’s starting out to be a workable solution…

(does you.id have a github repo?)

And: http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/ notes the need to complete the decentralisation of the method.

And i absolutely agree that it needs to be RWW compatible (rww.io / data.fm are json-ld compliant).  How it deal with the URI For an x509v3 cert (subjectAltName) is another function of what’s already outlined https://credential.club/ - however applied to a machine (resulting in one TLS Cert per Machine Account for desktop devices; perhaps only one on mobile devices… or perhaps one for each persona/agent? i’d prefer one per machine…)

Similarly; the ability to create an AUTH link - which relates back to a post authored earlier today…

Along those lines; another form of ‘credential’ might be taking a pic with a phone of a QR Code shown on a desktop interface, then tracking the two device ID’s, etc.  eg: using something like; http://davidshimjs.github.io/qrcodejs/

or - is that not a credential?

anyhow. really stoked.  I think it’s a great start to a POC; infinitely capable of being applied to the roles required surrounding WebID’s roles with RWW / LDP - in addition to linking to institutional credential providers (KYC, etc.); providing 'anon persona’,  creating auth sequence that can then support the use of FOAF (where appropriate) for things like social-web; all sorts of options: when earlier - i was entirely frustrated by the somewhat opaque terminology of ‘agent’.

This way; i’m not just me; but i’m me, as defined by my license, my passport - and last time i checked a company doesn’t have a passport or a drivers license ;)

nite...