Re: Proof of Concept: Identity Credentials Login

On 6/10/14 8:05 AM, Tim Holborn wrote:
> I wouldn’t worry about it too much.  I assume you’ve tested the demo?

When I am presented with a dialog asking me to abdicate control of my
identity via a 3rd party hosted identity card service and verification
provider, I balk.

> Looks like a great URI Structure.

What is a great URI structure? URIs denote things. HTTP URIs denote
things in ways that unveil what they connote e.g., via the HTML rendered
in the users browser.

My fundamental point is this:

1. mutual inclusion is good
2. using open standards (actual or de facto)  is good
3. decentralization is non negotiable -- nobody should be forced to
abdicate self-hosting of identity credentials to a 3rd party (G+,
Dropbox, OneDrive etc.. are options on the table for storage too,
alongside other Read-Write HTTP servers).

A solution that embraces the above, at its core, will be adopted at
Web-scale. Alternatives will fail. Of that, I am 100% certain.

Kingsley