Re: Is payment "timeliness" addressed in our work yet?

Re: dave's post below...

Webcredits is an alternative that seems to provide a functionally similar capability (although, using rww systems), with an array of other functional capabilities.

See #webcredits in freenode, or http://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/wiki/Web_Credits

If you get a rww.io or data.fm account, and put a Testnet address into your foaf document, I think melvster (in #webcredits, per above) has a bot running that can provide some basic demonstrations.

His also a walking library of knowledge in that area specifically....

Mind.  Accelerating, and diminishing costs for transfers is one thing.  I figure once a transaction hits a financial bank to be converted into traditional currency, it'll likely have requirements surrounding identifying where the funds are sourced, etc.

Much like existing payee relationships, once one payment has been made between two accounts, additional transactions are easier.

This is perhaps different for digital currencies, or IOU's / accountability capabilities, and other purposes of stuff like block-chains, and things that can be done with that geek...

I don't think gold needed an identity, beyond being tested to ensure it was gold.  The ID has always lived with the accounts systems.  Perhaps also ensuring people don't taint the "gold" with a cheaper substitute, or otherwise breach the terms of trade.  More complex examples could be asserting a value for use of an image, beyond the scope of a Creative Commons license, perhaps all embedded in the image...   The semantic clipboard http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2009/Clipboard/ seems to consider the Creative Commons elements quite well...

Webcredits is well worth a look IMO...  I'm really impressed with it, understanding of course, it's still early days...

Timh.

Sent from my iPad