Re: VOTE: Revised Payment Initiation / Wallet Web Payments Workshop Use Cases

On 07/18/2014 01:08 PM, Joseph Potvin wrote:
> Is anybody in this CG running an instance of LimeSurvey or
> equivalent that we might conduct a more efficient poll on, or use
> SurveyMonkey? (Or did I miss something about that?)

Polls tend to kill conversation, and that was part of the reason this
voting process was initiated via the mailing list. You can't have a
back-and-forth discussion on a poll site. The only option is "leave your
opinion here".

It's important for us to let the people in this group comment on each
item and then respond to those comments to make sure everyone
understands what they're voting for/against (otherwise the poll isn't
measuring what it should measure).

-1 for setting up an online poll at this point, there's still confusion
around what some of the use cases are attempting to do.

Perhaps what we should do is just make all of this an informal poll, get
the use case language into its final form, then do a poll. So, the order
of operations would be:

1. Let everyone weigh in on each use case (next 2 weeks).
2. Refine use cases that need clarification.
3. Open an official poll to get the final tally.

Thanks to Adrian for putting the Google Docs form together, looks good
(plus the other options that Joseph mentioned). Tim, I'm reluctant to
require everyone to get a WebID to fill out the poll - we want a low
barrier to entry. We should ask people to put in their name when voting
to prevent ballot stuffing (not that that has ever been a problem in
this group).

blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/