Re: Programmable Distributed Governance

On 01/28/2014 12:00 AM, Michael J. Williams wrote:
> hi,
> i'm also thinking about distributed governance with regards to markets:
> http://holonomy.is. my plan is to leverage
> [holons](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holon_%28philosophy%29) as a
> building block to structure complex systems like economies, through the
> web payment specs. i see potential as a way to scale cooperatives and
> make them more effective. with regards to voting specifically, a friend
> has some thoughts:
> http://mitar.tnode.com/post/73983101095/peer-to-peer-voting-scheme,
> which could be applied for each holon.
>
> i'd love to collaborate with anyone interested in this space, especially
> on open source node.js code. :)
please check out: http://dspace.elevate.at &
https://apollo.open-resource.org/lab:dspace

pure javascript - node.js + browserify goodness!
https://github.com/dspace-ng
in next days also i plan to include in it
http://npm.im/levelgraph-jsonld and some experiments with
http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/schema.org/

we also build it with *Holopticism* in mind: https://vimeo.com/10221567
also similar video about *Currency*: https://vimeo.com/10221537

concepts heavily used in circles of http://metacurrency.org/ and
http://thetransitioner.org/ (website down) you can check out
collaboration between those two projects aiming for easy way of creating
all kind of currencies: http://flowplace.webnode.com/ |
https://github.com/zippy/flowplace

i just started very recently a W3C CG where i hope to invite people from
those projects as well: http://www.w3.org/community/webcurrencies/

i'll announce this group officially once i publish there example draft
of currency based on *shares of real world assets*

* 5L of E95 petrol available at Shell gas stations
* 300km of 2nd class travel on European RailWays
* 20kWh of electricity available in Berlin's grid
* 25 days of desk/days in network of coworking spaces
etc.

i would like to make sure that one can Transfer such Web Currencies
using Web Payments :)

some other use cases i would like to cover: Networked Barter as
implemented for example by friends working on EconomyApp:
http://edgeryders.eu/economy-app/breakthrough-in-algorithm-development

apologies for such rushed answer, i should have more time once i make my
way hitchhiking to http://unmonastery.eu -- BTW thanks Joel for giving
me a lift there few weeks ago for #LOTE3 :D

☮