Re: Web Identity 1.0 -- Draft Spec

On 8 January 2014 12:27, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>wrote:

> On 01/08/2014 02:16 AM, David I. Lehn wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
>> wrote:
>> There are issues to consider when comparing SPARQL, Changeset vocab,
>> JSON Patch, or other systems for triple editing.  SPARQL and the
>> Changeset vocab will be able to edit linked data at a lower triples
>> level.  JSON Patch may require that data be framed into a strict
>> JSON-LD format so that the patch paths make sense.  That could require
>> finishing the framing spec.  If you can read and write the full
>> resource data then just HTTP verbs and a read-modify-write process
>> could work for edits.  I imagine editing data with blank nodes is full
>> of issues too.  And the ease of any approach probably depends on
>> implementation details of the client and server.  It could be a
>> challenge to come up with a good general solution.
>>

> especially: *I imagine editing data with blank nodes is full of issues
> too.*
>
> looking at: https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-identity/#a-
> typical-identity
>
> makes me wonder how one updates shippingAddress and citizenship
> information? especially that very often people can have multiple ones in
> both of them.
>
> maybe we can just modify #a-typical-identity example to at least include
> two elements in shippingAddress and work with that?

Best practice according to web axioms is to give anything of significance
an id.

Citizenship example already has citizenID.  Shipping address can be given
several ids, like when you have multiple addresses in amazon.  Ideally
you'd want a type = Address in there too, there's probably already a vocab
for that.

There's also bnode skolemization

http://www.w3.org/wiki/BnodeSkolemization

/genid/ is already registered with IANA by the W3C in a .well-known
location.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/well-known-uris/well-known-uris.xhtml