Re: Web Identity 1.0 -- Draft Spec

On 01/01/2014 04:41 PM, Michael J. Williams wrote:
> question: why not use HTTP verbs instead of action query parameter?
> GET for read, POST/PUT for append/replace, DELETE for delete, etc. to
> my understanding, RESTful APIs are standard and well supported.

Hi Michael,

The spec has been updated to answer this question in more depth. The
short answer is that we do use HTTP verbs now, but also need to use POST
to support other use cases that are not supported by the HTTP verbs or
that cannot be accessed by HTTP clients that don't support HTTP
Signatures (or have not been pre-authorized to access the resources in
question). More here:

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-identity/#accessing-the-identity

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/