Fwd: Transclusion Transcopyright Micropayments

Jonas, Please see the brief exchange below. The context for this is:
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/
https://web-payments.org/

For the web-payments community group, I'd put this in the potential "use
cases" category.

To borrow the example of the demo video on the CommonsMachinery home page,
this question can be framed in terms of enabling easy voluntary
peer-to-peer crowdfunding towards Joe, who has placed work under a CC-by.

Actually, a good case-in-point could be this link which recently made the
rounds:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/01/26/russian-mother-captures-atmospheric-photos--family-portraits-of-sons-on-farm/1

The photographer is showing her photos without a fee. No matter what
license type for copying and redistribution, imagine if people whose hearts
she's warmed could, I dunno, right-clink on the photo and in the drop-down
list there's "Support". From there a peer-to-peer micropayment could be
activated for the amount the heart-warmed viewer prefers. For text works,
let's say that in a browser or from a PDF, or whatever, the reader can
always highlight selected text, right-click, and can select "Support". Same
for a tweet. The support should be a "thumbs-up" like plus a monetary value
option.

Well, authenticity of attribution will really matter a lot.

And since copyright is about the particular expression, not about the idea,
ine text works there will be a strong incentive to always paraphrase and
rarely quote another author, since with the paraphrase any support money
would go to the paraphraser, whereas with the direct quote, some of the
support money would make its way to the original author who expressed
something (...but who may have paraphrased somebody else's expression of a
good idea). Easy flow of funds could make this all super cool when it works
well, and awfully upsetting when it doesn't.

For the simple use case, though, I'm wondering if there's anything that
would be needed on the side of a W3C web payments spec and ref
implementation to facilitate this. My first impression is that it's all for
the other end to design and implement, therefore "no". But my second
impression is that there might be something to address within the web
payments spec to accommodate rights initiatlves like CommonsMachinery,
rXrML and RDF.

What's your assessment?

Joseph Potvin