Re: Payment standardization wish-list for 2015

On 12/29/14 1:58 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-12-29 18:58, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 12/28/14 2:18 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>> My payment standardization wish-list for 2015 only contains a single
>>> item,
>>> defining how untrusted web-applications are supposed to interact
>>> with the
>>> trusted client platform.
>>>

>> What is an "untrusted web-application" ?
>
> Technically all server applications that cannot be verified/recognized
> by the client platform.
>

>> What is a "trusted web-application" ?
>
> An application that is permitted accessing sensitive local resources.
>
>> What is "trust" ?
>
> The thing needed to enable the the previous item.
>

>> How is "trust" attained?
>
> That's the $1M question.

It isn't. It's a 0.00 question if you accept the notion of logic
[1][2][3], and the fact that it can be part of the Web platform.
Otherwise, it is a 1000^1000MMM++ question.

>   I have suggested certain solutions, other people
> believe in trusted middleware and a bunch of people headed by Google
> tries
> to solve this with user permissions.

None of your solutions reflect the fact that logic is part of the Web [4].

Links:

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/PatHayes/blogic-iswc-2009-invited-talk --
a staring point
[2] http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/rolelog.pdf -- The Role of Logic and