Re: Zero Click Bitcoin Micropayments using HTTP 402

On 2014-12-29 18:54, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 12/28/14 2:05 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> In addition, I don't even think the idea using HTTP 402 actually buys you anything since it
>> has no meaning in a browser (and thus for the user) which means that there must always be
>> a *proxy* involved which does the actual work.
>
> If 402 has no meaning in the browser, how does 200 magically have meaning to said browser?

Just to verify my claim I wrote a small Servlet that returned 402.
Using sendError (402) IE, Chrome and Firefox returned an error page saying that "payments are needed".
Using setStatus (402) the same browsers did the same thing as for 200 showed the HTML page.

None of these responses has any use for payments as far as I can tell.

> I remain quite confused about your understanding of Web Architecture.

I'm talking about the browser-based scheme Melvin is advocating which still
is completely undocumented.

> A browser is one kind of HTTP User Agent. That's it!

Indeed, and I guess that is the one Melvin talked about.  If it was not
he should tell us.

Regards,
Anders