Re: Payment standardization wish-list for 2015

On 12/28/14 2:18 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> My payment standardization wish-list for 2015 only contains a single
> item,
> defining how untrusted web-applications are supposed to interact with the
> trusted client platform.

What is an "untrusted web-application" ?
What is a "trusted web-application" ?
What is "trust" ?
How is "trust" attained?

> If this is achieved (and with a reasonable amount of consensus...) the
> W3C have resurrected
> the web-browser from its current "dead-in-water" state with respect to
> secure payments.

The web-browser is one kind of Web (HTTP Network) user agent. That's it.
It doesn't in anyway define or set the status quo for what's possible on
the Web.

> From that point, the rest becomes pure engineering instead of "black
> magic" .

You need to understand your tools and the problem at hand before you can
embark upon any kind of meaningful engineering :)

Kingsley

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen