RE: Zero Click Bitcoin Micropayments using HTTP 402

I don't understand why you're saying the seller "owns" the payment GUI. The request for payment could occur either by a UI action (clicking an input that kicks off payment), or via response header, but either way the next action would be to present a browser/wallet UI that allows a single click for confirmation of amount and destination.

If browsers just routed a crypto-payment request (based on the header) to the right wallet app/origin, it would be a trivial platform addition that would enable a simple payment flow. One could also argue that this 402 action can already be achieved if the response redirected to a bitcoin: or custom protocol handler that raised a wallet or browser's trusted UI - either way, adding these hooks seems like a no-brainer.

- Daniel
From: Anders Rundgren [anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2014 10:36 AM
To: Mark Leck; Steven rowat
Cc: Web Payments CG
Subject: Re: Zero Click Bitcoin Micropayments using HTTP 402

On 2014-12-22 18:14, Mark Leck wrote:
> Broadcasting to the network is instant. So you can safely say that the
 > funds are in the bank. Well in the wallet. There is more chance of a
 > Visa going out of business than that BTC transaction not arriving.

Pardon for not being entirely enthusiastic; I just don't like the idea that
the seller app "owns" the payment GUI regardless if it is $10 000 or just a dime.

If there's a pay-to-view-URL (sounds like a typical XXX-site thing
[No, I'm not supposed to know that :-)]), shouldn't it have a price tag?

Then of course I have my usual questions like: how do you authenticate to
your BTC (wallet?).

Anders