Apple AppStore revenues - 85%+ come from games

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 09:22:01 -0500
To: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
Maybe we should be focusing more on gaming use cases?

http://qz.com/309715/apple-is-overwhelmingly-reliant-on-games-for-app-store-revenue/

We do have an in-app purchasing use case, maybe it should be a higher
priority:

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/use-cases/#in-app-purchases

The trend seems to be the same for Google Play. "During Google's first
quarter of this year, 90% of revenue came from games.":

http://mashable.com/2014/06/26/freemium-apps-google-play/

https://plus.google.com/+PaulSimbeckHampson/posts/hBwRez4ar8H

I'll note that we don't have anyone from the games industry in this
group yet. If you have some contacts, please reach out to them and get
them to join this group so we can get their input.

blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/