Re: Concrete contribution to Web Payments

On 04/11/2014 04:25 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> Pardon me if I have used too much list bandwidth to express my
> somewhat pessimistic view on W3C's ability "upgrading" the payment
> world.

It's important to consistently question whether what we're doing is
effective. That said, I hope you don't take offense to the fact that
your pessimistic view isn't going to deter us from trying.  :)

The world isn't changed by pessimists (or by optimists for that matter).
It's changed by people that have a firm grasp of the facts and human
nature. I've personally seen a number of W3C initiatives upgrade and
re-invent entire industries. There have been failures, but those are to
be expected when you're seeking to effect positive world change.