New member - Madhu Nott

From: Madhu Nott - The Payments Foundry <mnott@paymentsfoundry.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:56:41 -0400
To: public-webpayments@w3.org
Hello Everyone,

My name is Madhu Nott.

I just joined the Web Payments Community this morning, after a series of
inspiring conversations with Many Sporny, and wanted to introduce
myself.

I come to this group with a background in banking, specifically in the
payments and consumer finance sectors.

Over the years, I have worked at large banks (JPMorganChase, RBS) as
well as in tech/ecommerce startups and in management consulting. I have
a good understanding of the economics and ecosystems that underlie the
current payments industry -- including credit/debit/prepaid cards,
mobile and electronic payments -- and also have some perspectives on the
opportunities and challenges ahead.

I am currently developing The Payments Foundry, as a strategic services
firm focused on digital and mobile payments.

My purpose is to contribute what I can to this community; I believe
payments need to be an integral capability of the next gen web, and that
web technologies will play a key role in our future payments
infrastructure.

This sounds like a great group of people, and I look forward to getting
to know you, and learn from everyone. For the next few weeks, I will try
to watch, read, and listen. Meanwhile, if there's a specific way in
which I can help, please reach out to me.

Thanks! I look forward to being a member of this group.

--
Madhu Nott
The Payments Foundry

P.S. I live and work in the greater NYC area.