A Suggested Re-Statement of Payswarm Use Case 2.11

From: Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 15:22:28 -0400
To: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
Ahead of the "Web Payments and Enabling Price Stability" BoF a day
after the upcoming Edgeconf-NYC I would like to share some thoughts
about price stability for transactions involving parties located
within and amongst monetary jurisdictions.

BoF Info: https://payswarm.com/events/2013/nyc-web-payments-bof
Open-invitation to BoF, but RSVP.

My suggestion is that the current Universal Payment System Use Case
2.11 "Currency Exchange" expressed in the use cases of the Payswarm
in-progress reference implementation, should instead be named
"Maintain Contract Price Stability". An optional Sub Use Case could
then be "Negotiate Exchange Rate". This recommendation applies also to
IFEX bullet point Multi-currency Exchange Rate Negotiation.

https://payswarm.com/specs/source/use-cases/
http://www.ifex-project.org/our-proposals/ifex

A detailed explanation (v1.00) has just been posted on my project
management site:
http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/projects/free-libre-commerce/wiki/Use_Case_%E2%80%93_Price_Stability
http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/projects/free-libre-commerce?&lang=fr&lang=en

Discussion welcome on this list, and/or at the BoF.

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations