Re: Use Cases of the Web Payments GC

Found it:
PaySwarm - Use Cases
Draft Community Group Specification 14 February 2013
https://payswarm.com/specs/source/use-cases/

Some friends and I are planning to contribute to Use Case 2.11.

***
2.11 Currency Exchange
Olaf would like to exchange 50 Euro into US Dollars through a simple
online money exchange service. He would like his payment authority to
be the initiator of the exchange and the final destination of the
exchange to be a newly created account for US Dollars.
2.11.1 Requirements
There MUST be a mechanism to translate one currency into another currency.
There MAY be a mechanism where one specifies a mint to create new
units of currency and transfer those units into a payment authority.

Here's a draft of what we've got in mind:
http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/projects/choiceincurrency-choixdedevise/wiki/Enabling_choice_in_a_decentralized_system_of_universal_payments
....there's a bit more info in French, which will be available in
English shortly:
http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/projects/choiceincurrency-choixdedevise/wiki/Mettant_en_service_l%27option_de_choix_dans_un_syst%C3%A8me_de_paiement_universel_d%C3%A9centralis%C3%A9

I'll be at EdgeConf-NYC on the 23rd. I'd like to connect ahead of that
with anyone specifically interested in the functional scope, design
and implementation of 2.11. (BTW, 2.12 is just a sub use case of 2.11
if, for users, all currencies exist as "available alternatives".  2.12
simply becomes the policies and workflow for including any currency.)

For background about me, here's an overview of the free/libre
community activity I've engaged in during the past decade:
http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/projects/g2g-oao

.... and here's some of my most recent work in this space
http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/projects/course-free-libre-open/wiki

On currencies, I engage various schools of thought:
http://www.themoneytrap.com/2012/11/a-five-point-reform-plan/
http://www.bengrahaminvesting.ca/Outreach/2009_Symposium.htm (see "keynote")

Regards,

Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/projects/opman-portfolio
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983